This recipe is adapted from Picky Palate. The addition of the raspberry sticks was genius and I send her my thanks! I found the sticks (see the pic below) in the Valentines Day candy section of the super market.
My son had the day off of school today and we made these cookies together - they're really fun and easy. We had a great time together in the kitchen and he's reaping the rewards right now. He gives them two chocolaty thumbs up!
I highly recommend these cookies. Surprise your Valentine (or yourself) with a batch as soon as possible!
Chocolate Raspberry Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Picky Palate & Cook's Illustrated
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 10.5oz pkg Raspberry Sticks, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and creamy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl. Beat until well blended.
5. Add the flour mixture to the bowl. Beat on low until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
6. Stir in the white & chocolate chips and then gently stir in the candy pieces.
7. Scoop the dough into 2-tbsp size balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2" between each.
8. Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until pale golden.
9. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for two minutes. Transfer the cookies, on the parchment paper, to racks to cool completely. Serve!