This recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker. It's super-simple and quick to make. So, next time you're in the mood for something different, give this one a try!
Italian Chex Mix & Salad Topper
Adapted from Betty Crocker
1/2 cup grated Parmesan (for an extra cheesy mix, use 1 cup)
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried marjoram
2 cups of Rice Chex (you can use up to 3 cups if you want to stretch it a bit)
1 cup garlic croutons
1 cup mozzarella cubes
1 cup mini pepperoni
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the parmesan, oregano, and marjoram together in a small bowl.
3. Combine the Chex and the parmesan mixture in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
4. Bake the Chex mixture for 3-5 minutes - until the cheese begins to turn golden brown. Be careful not to let it burn. Transfer the Chex mixture, still on the parchment paper, to a rack to cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine the Chex mixture, the croutons, mozzarella, pepperoni, and basil. Toss to combine. Serve as a snack or over a green salad!