Cookies & Caramel Cereal Treats
Adapted from the Rice Krispie Treats recipe
12 Oreo cookies (with filling), crushed
5.5 oz pkg Werthers Hard Caramels, unwrapped & crushed into very small pieces
4 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. Line a 9" X 13" baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray the dish with oil. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, reduce the heat to low.
3. Add the marshmallows to the pot. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
4. Turn off the burner. Add the cereal, cookies, and candy pieces to the pot. Gently stir until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
5. Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared dish. Press firmly into an even layer (this is easier if you use an oiled piece of parchment or waxed paper). Allow the treats to come to room temperature.
6. Cut the treats into pieces using an oiled knife or cutter. Serve! To store: cover and keep at room temperature. These are best served within 24 hours.