Since they contain cereal, I'm thinking they could totally qualify as breakfast...
Adapted from Cook's Illustrated
2 cups + 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups butter, melted & cooled
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups Cheerios (I used Cinnamon Burst)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until well-blended.
4. Beat in the egg, the yolk, and the vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture. Beat on low until the dry ingredients are almost incorporated.
6. Add the Cheerios and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon until just mixed.
7. Scoop 1/4 cup portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2" of space between each. Press the cookies so that they are discs, not balls (do not press thin, just make the tops flat).
8. Bake 11-14 minutes or until the edges are firm and the centers are set.
9. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the sheet. Serve!