Salted Caramel & Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
Adapted from Pillsbury
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (12.25 oz) jar Caramel Sauce (I used Smucker's Ice Cream Topping)
1 tsp coarse sea salt (plus extra for sprinkling)
4 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 (14 oz) bag sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, and salt. Mix well.
3. Stir in the desiccated coconut until well blended. Stir in the shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and caramel bits.
4. Scoop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1" between each. Sprinkle the tops with additional sea salt (these cookies are fabulous unsalted, too).
5. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for two minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.