This recipe is adapted from Patio Daddio. It is quick, easy, different, and delicious!
Cranberry BBQ Sauce
Adapted from Patio Daddio
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp unsulphured molasses
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp minced red onion (freeze dried works perfectly)
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the sauce to cool.
4. Place the sauce in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
5. Optimally, cover and chill the sauce for at least 2 hours before using to allow the flavors to meld. Reheat as desired. Serve!
Turkey Tenderloin Sandwich with Bacon & Cheese
1 recipe Cranberry BBQ Sauce
1 lb turkey tenderloins
4 large buns (I used potato buns)
4 slices colby-jack or cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, crisped & crumbled
1. Bring the BBQ sauce to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Place the tenderloins in the sauce and reduce the heat to a simmer.
3. Allow the tenderloins to cook in the sauce, turning them occasionally, until they are cooked through. Turkey dries easily, so watch closely to avoid overcooking.
4. Remove the turkey form the pan and allow it to rest for five minutes. Slice the meat, against the grain, into strips. Toss the strips with additional sauce if desired.
5. Preheat a broiler to high. Place a slice of cheese on each bun top. Place the bun tops under the broiler and heat until the cheese is melted.
6. Divide the turkey slices evenly over the bun bottoms. Top with additional sauce and bacon pieces. Place the bun tops on top and serve!