This butterbeer is a non-alcoholic, creamy drink with the flavor of real butterscotch (nothing like the candy - more like brown sugar). Perfect for parties, movie nights, a dessert beverage, or really anytime! This yummy butterbeer is sure to please!
Butterscotch adapted from Simply Recipes
4 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
3/4 cups heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. For the Butterscotch: melt the butter in a medium saucepan set over medium heat.
2. Once the butter is melted, stir in the sugar and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the sugar melts (about 5 minutes).
3. Whisk in the 3/4 cups cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Once cool, stir in the vanilla.
5. For the Butterbeer: butterbeer ratio is one part butterscotch, one part cream, and 16 parts cream soda (example: 1 tbsp butterscotch, 1 tbsp cream, 1 cup cream soda).
To Mix: stir together the butterscotch and cream in a mug or glass. Stir in about 1/4 of the cream soda that you will be using. Pour in the remaining cream soda (slowly to avoid overflow).