And then, out of the blinding inferno walked a warrior. And she did wield the one weapon that could save...them...all...
Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
Adapted from Fun and Food Cafe
12 oz blueberries (frozen, thawed work perfectly)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plain yogurt
5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon oil
1. Get ready popsicle molds and handles. This recipe makes 10 standard popsicles.
2. Puree the berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
3. Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Beat in the yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and lemon oil.
4. Pipe or spoon 1 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into the popsicle molds. Pipe or spoon 1 tbsp of the berry mixture into the molds. Repeat, alternating, until the molds are filled. Tap the molds on the counter to get rid of any air pockets.
5. Using a skewer or knife, gently swirl the mixtures in the molds.
6. Freeze until completely frozen solid (if you try to unmold too soon, the handles will dislodge from the parfrozen centers).
7. Hold the molds under hot running water for a few seconds. Try to loosen the pops. Repeat until you can remove the pops from the molds. Serve!