Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cocktail Sauce

Whenever my husband's not going to be home for dinner, I make my kids their meal of choice.  They invariably choose batter fried fish or popcorn shrimp (two things I ordinarily never make).  I always prepare a sauce to accompany their special dinner, a sauce my son would eat with a spoon if I'd let him.  I offer my recipe now to you.
This sauce is a kind of cocktail sauce.  It is a little spicy, but you could certainly omit the Tabasco for a mild version.  If you aren't a big fan of fish (like me), that's okay.  This sauce is yummy on fries, too!  Enjoy!


Cocktail Sauce
Katie Christy

Ingredients:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp malt vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Tabasco

Directions:
1.  Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.

2.  Cover and chill for at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...